1. What is the Purpose of the CCC Confirmation Program?
Kids are confirming that they have been exposed to basic Christianity and want to grow closer to God!
2. Confirmation is not…
· School: It is not about getting a grade, whether that is an A,B,C, D or F.
· A bore: We will have fun, fun, fun
· A competition: Kids are not in competition with others, they are encouraged to do the best they can do.
· A stamp of salvation: Only God knows the state of a person’s heart. We are not declaring that those who have been confirmed are right with God, but rather they are on the right path.
3. How long is this program?
2 years. Year #1 Focus: Basic Christianity. Year #2: The five purposes of God.
4. If my kids are in 7th or 8th grade, do they have to go to Confirmation or can they go to regular youth group?
The CCC confirmation program is an elective course. Kids can go to youth group up in the loft or chose to go to confirmation.
5. Will there be a lot of homework?
No. However, we will encourage your child to memorize some things and read their bible.
6. Are there any outside activities?
No. However, we want to encourage kids to go to two events: 1). Minnesota youth convention which is held in Rochester Minnesota on MEA weekend. 2). Youth camp at Lake Geneva during the summer. Also, we might have elective community service events from time to time
7. What does a typical night look like?
We have games, food, fun, relationship building activities, prayer time and teaching.
8. When is it?
Starting Wednesday Sept 6, 2017, we will go tell the end of May. Kids are welcome to come at 6 PM to hang out and play game. We will meet in the gathering grounds from 6:30 to 7:30. We will have a winter break starting the Wednesday before Thanks giving. We will begin our winter quarter the first Wednesday after New Year’s.
9. Who is leading the Confirmation Program?
Pastor Steve Larson
10. Who is Steve Larson?
Steve Larson is the founding and lead pastor at CCC. He has been the pastor at CCC for 21 years. He is married to his beautiful wife Tammy and have two children- Dalton and Miracle. They also have two pets- a gregarious German Shepherd/ Irish settler named bear- who wears a neck tie, and a guinea pig named Isabelle Rose Laron the third. He loves working with kids and unlocking their greatness in Christ.
11. What if my child was not here in September to start the program?
We encourage them to join us when they can and we will go from there.
12. Does my Child need to be confirmed before they can partake of Communion?
No. However, they should understand what it means. If you need help with this please call or e-mail pastor Steve
13. Can my Child become a church member after being confirmed?
Yes. At CCC a child can become a member at age 13. However, they will not have voting privileges until they are 18.